Swollen Prostate And Constipation
Bph Symptoms And Treatment (Benefits Saw Palmetto Women) 1-800-390-0364 CALL FREE INFORMATION & CONSULTATION http://www.endosterol.info Breast and hormones d…
Discover Your Risk for Prostate Cancer now!
Take the Test Now . . .
Fact: Other than skin cancer, prostate cancer is the most common cancer in American men. The American Cancer Society’s estimates for prostate cancer in the United States for 2014 are:
– About 233,000 new cases of prostate cancer will be diagnosed
– About 29,480 men will die of prostate cancer
About 1 man in 7 will be diagnosed with prostate cancer during his lifetime.
Don’t be caught off guard. Know your risk now.
We’ve created a simple, easy-to-complete, online test that will help you understand your prostate cancer risk factors. When you take the Simple Prostate Cancer Risk Test — it takes just 1 minutes to complete —
Discover your risk for Prostate Cancer now.
In addition to receiving your personalized test results, you’ll also receive health alerts from ProstateNews365.com. You can unsubscribe at any time.
The prostate is a male reproductive gland that produces the fluid that carries sperm during ejaculation. It surrounds the urethra, the tube through which urine passes out of the body. A swollen prostate means the gland has grown bigger. Swollen prostate happens to almost all men as they get older. As the gland grows, it can press on the urethra and cause urination and bladder problems.A swollen prostate is often called benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) or benign prostatic hypertrophy. It is not cancer, and it does not raise your risk for prostate cancer.
The actual cause of swollen prostate is unknown. Factors linked to aging and the testicles themselves may play a role in the growth of the gland. Men who have had their testicles removed at a young age (for example, as a result of testicular cancer) do not develop BPH.
Similarly, if the testicles are removed after a man develops BPH, the prostate begins to shrink in size.
Some facts about prostate enlargement:
- The likelihood of developing an enlarged prostate increases with age.
- BPH is so common that it has been said all men will have an enlarged prostate if they live long enough.
- A small amount of prostate enlargement is present in many men over age 40 and more than 90% of men over age 80.
- No risk factors have been identified other than having normally functioning testicles.
Less than half of all men with Swollen Prostate have symptoms of the disease, which include:
- Dribbling at the end of urinating
- Inability to urinate (urinary retention)
- Incomplete emptying of your bladder
- Needing to urinate two or more times per night
- Pain with urination or bloody urine (these may indicate infection)
- Slowed or delayed start of the urinary stream
- Straining to urinate
- Strong and sudden urge to urinate
- Weak urine stream
The choice of a treatment is based on the severity of your symptoms, the extent to which they affect your daily life, and the presence of any other medical conditions. Treatment options include “watchful waiting,” lifestyle changes, medication, or surgery.
If you are over 60, you are more likely to have symptoms. But many men with an enlarged prostate have only minor symptoms. Self-care steps are often enough to make you feel better.
If you have Swollen Prostate, you should have a yearly exam to monitor the progression of your symptoms and determine if any changes in treatment are necessary.
For mild symptoms:
- Urinate when you first get the urge. Also, go to the bathroom when you have the chance, even if you don’t feel a need to urinate.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine, especially after dinner.
- Don’t drink a lot of fluid all at once. Spread out fluids throughout the day. Avoid drinking fluids within 2 hours of bedtime.
- Try NOT to take over-the-counter cold and sinus medications that contain decongestants or antihistamines. These medications can increase BPH symptoms.
- Keep warm and exercise regularly. Cold weather and lack of physical activity may worsen symptoms.
- Reduce stress. Nervousness and tension can lead to more frequent urination.
- Learn and perform Kegel exercises (pelvic strengthening exercises).
- Alpha 1-blockers (doxazosin, prazosin, tamsulosin, terazosin, and alfuzosin) are a class of medications also used to treat high blood pressure. These medications relax the muscles of the bladder neck and prostate. This allows easier urination. Most people treated with alpha 1-blocker medication find that it helps their symptoms.
- Finasteride and dutasteride lower levels of hormones produced by the prostate, reduce the size of the prostate gland, increase urine flow rate, and decrease symptoms of BPH. It may take 3 to 6 months before you notice much improvement in your symptoms. Potential side effects related to the use of finasteride and dutasteride include decreased sex drive and impotence.
- Antibiotics may be prescribed to treat chronic prostatitis (inflammation of the prostate), which may accompany BPH. Some men note relief of their BPH symptoms after a course of antibiotics.
Swollen Prostate And Constipation
Mayor Thomas M. Menino’s Prostate Surgery Scheduled on Friday
TopNews New Zealand, on Tue, 28 May 2013 07:10:30 -0700
The present mayor of Boston, Massachusetts, Thomas M. Menino is expected to undergo prostate surgery on this Friday. He has been on medication for enlarged prostate. However, after receiving the treatment even, size of his swollen gland did not reduce.
Menino to undergo prostate surgery Friday
Boston Herald (blog), on Mon, 27 May 2013 11:19:16 -0700
Mayor Thomas M. Menino’s health woes continue to worsen as the city’s longest-serving mayor is headed back into surgery Friday to repair an enlarged prostate, his doctor said. “This is a common procedure for a common problem,” said Menino’s personal …
#AskNSA how is my prostate? Feels a little swollen
going to the doc with a swollen prostate. ouchy. thanks @BreeDaniels1 and @OMGitsLexi but no thanks. >_< #pills #green
do any of you male identifying folks get a swollen prostate when you need it really badly
Stop Stroke & Heart Attacks Before They STOP YOU! The $0.79 LIFE-SAVER That Your Doctors NEVER Tell You About!
Instead Of Taking Toxic Drugs With Devastating Side Effects And Struggling With Angina Pain, Shortness Of Breath, Living In Fear Of Stroke & Heart Attacks… Eliminate The Drugs And Stop Stroke & Heart Attacks Altogether…
The NEW High Blood Pressure Healing Discovery!
Learn How You Can Easily & Effortlessly Lower Your High Blood Pressure & Eiminate The Risk Of Heart Attack or Stroke With This 100% NATURAL Remedies Your Doctors Hope You’ll NEVER FIND OUT.
Fight Back the Effects Of Aging!
Bring Back The Zeal Of Your Youth!
Rejuvenate Your Life Instantly
The $0.67 LIFE-SAVER That Your Doctors NEVER Tell You About! Instead Of Taking Toxic Drugs With Devastating Side Effects And Struggling With Type 2 Diabetes, Eliminate The Drugs And The Diabetes Altogether…
The $1.34 100% NATURAL Arthritis & Joint Pain Cure Your Doctors Hope You’ll NEVER FIND OUT.
Discover The 100% All Natural Formula That’s GUARANTEED To Stop Arthritis, Joint Pain & Bursitis Once and for All … Without The Damaging Side Effects of Drugs!